Lib Schley and her sister Mayor Watts grew up in a world of Victorian make-believe, filled with fairies, fables, and magical journeys to the “wonderlands” of children’s literature. It was a childhood of unbounded imagination and fantastic possibilities that inspired them to open up “The Magic Shop” in 1947, on the former John Henry Miller farm in Oldwick, New Jersey. Brimming with nostalgia, whimsy, and upscale country charm, each carefully curated room is an enchanting trove of specialty toys and children’s items, fine European antiques, jewelry, giftware, art, and so much more. Still family-owned and operated after 74 years, trips to the Magic Shop are a cherished tradition for generations of families, especially at Easter time and the holidays! The Magic Shop is located at 60 Old Turnpike Road, in historic Oldwick, NJ. magicshopoldwick.com or call 908-439-2330.
Since 1949, the Magic Shop has operated solely for the benefit of the Bonnie Brae School, a residential treatment center for youth at risk in Liberty Corner. www.bonnie-brae.org
Copyright © 2021 The Black River Journal, LLC - All Rights Reserved.